Using the Wurst installer for Windows (.ZIP)
Download the Wurst Client, if you haven't already.
- Always use the latest version that is compatible with your Minecraft version.
Extract the Wurst installer (.ZIP file) that you just downloaded.
- This will look different depending on what software you use to deal with zip files.
- Do not simply open the zip file, you really have to extract it!
Find "Wurst Installer.cmd" among the files you just extracted and run it.
- Again, don't run it from inside the zip file. Use your extracted files.
Click the Install button.
You will normally get a message telling you that Wurst has been successfully installed.
- If you see an error message instead, and it tells you that the Wurst installer couldn't find your Minecraft installation, simply download that Minecraft version through the launcher and try again.
Open the Minecraft launcher. (Close and re-open the launcher if it was already open.)
Select the new Wurst profile and press PLAY.